Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Birthday

Good morning, and Happy Saturday!

Today, I'm sharing a card I made using Great Impressions stamps.
I think you'll like this one - I think it turned out quite nicely.

To create this card, I used the following Great Impressions stamps:


To create this card, the image was colored with Copic markers.
I then cut from the bottom and from the top with a paper trimmer, in to the image, and fussy cut the bottom of the pots and the tops of the flowers and butterfly, leaving a 'split' panel.  
Next, this panel was matted with a piece of patterned paper, and then adhered to the card front.
The sentiment was stamped directly onto the patterned paper, and fussy cut. 
A few tiny 'blings' were added for fun. 
The border at the top was one that Deone, the owner, included in my last stamp order.
The border both balanced the black bling at the bottom, AND hid a boo boo at the top.
Lol...creative opportunity, right?

* * * 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Don't forget about the GI challenge!
The theme for May is 'Celebrate Spring'.
You don't have to use GI stamps, but we'd love it if you did!
If you use GI stamps be sure to link up to the customer gallery (HERE). 

Be sure to stop by the Great Impressions store (HERE) and treat yourself to a few new stamps!

Did you know shipping is free over $25?! 

Have a great weekend,
Patti J.

P.S. Used my Perfect Papercrafting Perfect Layers Rulers and Cutting Mat to get my pretty narrow pink mat - check out my sidebar to see how you can save money on your PPC orders!

20 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Patti this is a gorgeous card! I love that stamp and I think I "need" it now!!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Patti!! I love the pretty background colors and the beautiful flowers!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cheryl W said...

What an interesting technique, Patti! Need to add this one to my list of "techniques to try." Pretty card! Love that soft background. Did you watercolor it?

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty spring card!

Becky said...

Beautiful Spring card.

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Image and great coloring Patti..I have read you put that black to close the boo boo area yeah so clever made and love the add of the black bling too add the balance...and the technique I must try too...you have many great tecchnique Patti...I am feel happy to read your clever idea..and will try it too off course.....you must be busy on some DT Member Patti....
and I dont know do you have time to commenting as DT I am so busy too with my House of Card DT member and I am happy it is a monthly challenge also not much to assignment comment..
Patty may I ask you did you get my Envelope for your bday..I sent you card for your bday..
please tell me if its come okay dear..
hugs, Monika

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful spring and summer card design. I love the way you colored the flowers and pots.Yes, we sometimes have to be creative to salvage a mistake and you certainly did an awesome job of covering yours up. No one would ever know if you had not told us.

Beth Norman said...

Such a cute card my friend. I love the way those pots are coloured; they look so real. Love the split down the centre. Clever girl.

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like your coloring and that top edging really enhances the card!

Joan V said...

Super cute card. I love the way you fussy cut the center. So creative. Love that touch of black border and blings. Darling image, another one to add to the wish list. Thanks for sharing.

Lena said...

What a beautiful card for a Spring Birthday. Love that image, wish I had gotten it with my order. I guess I need to do more shopping :-)
Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Patti!
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, yes, I have plenty of creative opportunities too ;) Beautiful card Patti, love your colouring on the pots!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee that image!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Lovely card Patti! Great job coloring!

Shirley said...

Your card is lovely, Pattie!! I really like how you did the BG. It really makes every detail of your fabulous image and sentiment show off well! Beautiful!!

Mynn xx said...

Such a lovely card, Patti! LOVE the sweet scene you created, and your coloring is beautiful! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

*Vicki* said...

That image is really stunning and you've done such an amazing job with the coloring Patti!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Taunya Butler said...

Oh, my dear, sweet friend Patti - I am sorry for the lack of my commenting lately - I have been struggling and doing some soul searching about life, my faith and my place in this world so I have not been on the computer much!! I have looked through your awesome posts with all your amazing creations and rather than go backwards and comment on all of them I am going to start fresh!! I have loved seeing all the wonderful things you have been up too!! Thanks so much for the emails and for the constant source of support and friendship you are to me - Just so you know, the things you shared with me made me admire and love you even more that I already do - you are a REMARKABLE lady and I am in awe of your talent and goodness!!! Kudos to you and I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!!! Big hugs to you!!!

Darnell said...

You're right, Patti, I do like it! In fact, I love it very much, including the "opportunity" border!! Hugs, Darnell

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Patti. Love the sweet flower image and the pots. Great coloring! The cutting and in-lay technique look amazing! Well done!