Monday, September 1, 2014

A Unique Blog Hop

Good morning!
Happy Monday.  Happy September (yikes!). Happy Labor Day!

Today's post is a bit different.  I was recently asked to join in 'A Unique Blog Hop', by my uber-talented friend, Shirley Hotop.  I thought it sounded like fun - I get to share a bit about me, and introduce you to a few creative friends (keep reading)!

1. What am I working on?
I'm not sure where to even begin!  I just finished a set of Baby Shower favors that you can see here. As soon as the sea of PINK left for the shower, I began working on place cards, menus, programs, and much more, for our son's upcoming wedding.  I neglected to take photos of all the wedding items, so be sure to check back later in the month if you'd like to take a peek!  Here is a photo of a 'Card Box' that we made them.  


The lumber is from a barn that's been in my husband's family since 1958. The barn wood actually dates back to the 1800's, so it's quite a sentimental piece of wood.  DH and I designed it, a friend of ours built it, and I wrapped it in miles of burlap - thanks to my friend,, Cheryl Gammon - she is a 'rolled rose' expert, and so very generous!  Not only did she share actual finished products, but she shared her 'rosy' secrets! I'm learning!  Other than that, I worked fast and furious to get some DT project finished this past month.

2. My Style? What inspires me?
I'm not sure I have a 'style'.  While I am drawn to images that I can color, I also enjoy working with silhouettes, and one color stamping.  I absolutely LOVE trying out a new technique! On any given day, you might find cut, elegant, CAS, or multiple layers. I like both stamps and digi images. My inspiration comes from many sources - I love a good sketch!  What a great starting point for a card.  Pinterest is inspiration heaven, and I can spend endless hours there. I am always surprised, how I can choose something that inspires me, and set out to CASE it, but my projects look totally different!
Other bloggers are another place I go for inspiration. The ideas, techniques, and styles are endless!  I've been known to purchase something while shopping, simply because the packaging inspires me!

3. Where did it all start?
In 2001, I took a workshop locally, from a very nice lady, who was a TAC Angel, and had OODLES of fun supplies, inks, and ideas.  A few months later, I had a nice box of my own supplies. It seemed that I'd barely blinked, and I suddenly went from a plastic tub, to a desk, to an entire crafty area! Not only was a wonderful hobby born, but a wonderful friendship, as well. You see, my workshop instructor was my friend, Shirley!  13 years later, we are besties, and continually teach each other new things!

4. How does your creative process work?
Yikes!  Am I supposed to have a creative process? Seriously?  
Hmmmm......
First, I find some great music to creat by. Sometimes it's a rocking choice, with a fun and fast beat, other times I enjoy Christian contemporary, and sometimes I like soft instrumental - depends on what mood I wake up in!  Then....I choose a purpose.  What do I need a card for?  Then I check my DT calendars to see if I can 'kill two birds with one stone'.  If I need a thinking of you card, and one of my DT projects calls for certain stamps/colors/sketch, that's my jump-off point.  I'm a Chemo Card Angel, so you will see a lot of generic card sentiments on my posts. Things like, hello, thinking of you, have a good day, etc.  I guess I really don't have a creative process.  At my age, I can sit down to create, see a squirrel in the yard, and become so distracted that I don't create at all...tee hee!

Are you snoring yet?

I'd love for you to drop by and leave Shirley a bit of love.

Now, as part of this Unique Blog Hop, I'd like to introduce you to two fellow stampers that I've asked to join in on this fun-ness! 

Cheri Weston is one of the sweetest, and most talented ladies you will ever run across in this blogland that we live in!  Her blog is always a fun and inspirational place to visit.  She will be posting her Unique Post on Monday, September 15th - be sure to check it out!

Regina Cooper is another oh, so talented (and super sweet) blogging friend!  When Regina was living in St. Louis, we actually got to meet and create together!  Due to family commitments, Regina can't post until Monday, September 21st.  Please be sure to drop by her blog and leave some hugs!

I want to thank Shirley for thinking of me, and including me in this hop!

Thanks for dropping by today,
Patti J.

9 comments:

Donna said...

I enjoyed reading your "
Unique Blog Hop", Your Card box for the wedding is amazing.

Lori Kobular said...

Patti ~ I really LOVE the card box you made!! What a touching gift! I love the meaning, love and family history that went into the making of it! I am sure it will be forever treasured!!

Lisa said...

I really enjoyed getting to know more about you and your creative process, Patti!! The card box is amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow Patti, what a beautiful gift for your son, it will be a family heirloom for sure!

Lena said...

What a unique and absolutely beautiful card box. I enjoyed reading through your post today and getting to know you a little better. Happy Labor Day and crafty hugs.
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Glittered Paws said...

Very nicely done - thanks for the compliments and the friendship - love to share our creative ventures together. So ready for a get together like really soon. Thanks for taking part in this unique blog hop.

Cheri said...

Love, love, love your card box, Patti. This is such a treasure for your son and his wife to hand down. Thank you for the sweet words and I'm looking forward to the fun in my unique blog hop. :)

Taunya Butler said...

That card box is a beautiful keepsake! Amazingly made and definitely something to cherish!! You always put so much meaning into all your creations and then you give them away to someone who it will mean so much too!! Awesome!! Loved learning about you and seeing more into your sunny disposition!! Have such a fabulous day!!

Pam Sparks said...

Patti - this is so gorgeous! LOVE both pieces! Fabulous work and will be treasured I'm sure!