Sunday, August 24, 2014

No tags or cards!

Happy Sunday!
This week at Great Impressions, the DT will be featuring a 'No Cards, No Tags' week, with a focus on Teacher Appreciation gift ideas.  Be sure to check out the Great Impressions Blog each day,
the inspiration will be endless!

Grab that cup of coffee, sit a spell, and let me show you what I created, using two of the new release stamps from Great Impressions, 'One in a Million', and 'Teddy with Flowers'.

I have been purchasing this size of tissue container for my car. It fits nicely in the little cubby where my drink holders are, leaving ample room on either side for phone, snacks, etc.


I figured out that if one is very persistent and careful, one can pop this top off of an empty tissue box, carefully trim the cardboard oval, and glue the lid right back into the box!  Before gluing this lid back in,
I measured up a few inches from the bottom, trimming my box to be shorter.


The entire box was then wrapped, by gluing crayons around the outside.

I added a piece of pretty ribbon, Teddy with Flowers, and the sentiment, which was tricky!
Since we weren't using cards or tags, what to do?  WELL!  Every teacher needs magnets,
right?  Ta da!

Here is a shot of my 'non tag'.  Gluing it to the paper clip made it look all 'teachery', and adding the magnet made it all useful - I think it turned out pretty well.  What do you think?


Thanks for dropping by today!
Be sure to check out each day's inspiration at the Great Impressions Blog - it's going to be a very fun week!

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.


Other Supplies Used:
Copic Markers
Dimensional Foam (to pop up the top flower on focal image)
White Hammermill 110# cardstock
Black Cardstock (Hobby Lobby)
Spellbinders Dies
Paper Clips
"Shreds"
Candy Bars

18 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my goodness! This is just sooo creative and cute! Love it!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Hi Patti - this is so creative!! And, I wanted to say that I still have the teacher set you made and sent me several years ago after I had commented on it. Every year since it has sat on my desk. This is my last year of teaching and will be retiring i June but that fabulous set is still on my desk

StephC said...

What a fabulous idea!! Love it!

Cheryl W said...

It's brilliant, Patti! I love the paperclip on the magnet. What a perfect idea.

Pam Sparks said...

I love this! I made two of these last year for Lizzie Faith's birthday! They were a hit! The kid in us just comes out, doesn't it! lol Fabulous Patti!

Glittered Paws said...

I saw this IRL and it is AMAZING - how creative and what teacher would not love this on his/her desk - or maybe not even a teacher but maybe a crafter!!! Great job.

richardbreaks said...

Wow! What an amazing transformation. Love it, Patti. Great magnet, too.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is SO CUTE!!! Love your creative idea here and would be a perfect gift!! :) HUGS

craftieodmae said...

fantastic idea!!!!!

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable! Love the crayons and the magnet is a fabulous idea.

Mynn xx said...

This is SO awesome, Patti! LOVE this fun idea! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Donna said...

What a great idea, this is adorable!

Taunya Butler said...

What a fun, fun idea!! I am so excited about that cute crayon dazzled container!! And so clever to include the message on a magnet - You are so clever and I love seeing all you do!! Have a wonderful night!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic altered box Patti. Love the crayons and the magnet! I was going to make something for the teachers... but ran out of time (like usual).

Lena said...

What a fun and happy project. Any teacher will be happy to receive one of these! And filled with treats too - wonderful and yummy creation :-)
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Amy Johnson said...

WOW! Aren't you the creative one!

Auntie Em said...

This is so cute! A sweet addition for a teacher's desk. I like the NON-tag you created. A magnet is always handy. Thanks for sharing this fun idea! :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous project, any teacher would be absolutely delighted to receive this :)