Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nature...

Happy Sunday!


With Sunday, comes another Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge. Our challenge hostess today is the wonderful Rebekka. Rebekka has chosen Genesis 1:1 as her scripture:
~~~~~


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".
~~~~~
Rebekka's challenge is to create a card or project using anything pertaining to nature. Feel free to use birds, trees, flowers, mountains...the sky is the limit!
~~~~~
Please head over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog, and read Rebekka's beautiful words, and see the work of our talented design team!
~~~~~
Our sponsor today is the lovely and talented Nina Brackett!
One lucky challenge participant will win a set of Nina's stamps!
~~~~~
Here is my card. I chose to make a peaceful reflecting scene.


I apologize, but I don't have anything more for you.

Hopefully, Blogger will cooperate and this will post on Sunday morning!

And... hopefully, by the time you get up and read this post, we will be having Sunday breakfast with our son, who I have not seen since last Christmas. He's in Colorado on business, and we have driven out to see him.

We'll start home after breakfast. It's about a 15-16 hour drive, so send up some extra prayers!

Have a great day!

Patti J.

25 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful Patti, love the light shadowing and reflections.

STAMPING SAM said...

Love the peacefulness of this card. Sponging and masking techniques are 2 of my favorites. Of course, the color combo of blue and brown is perfect!

Hope you 2 have a safe trip and an enjoyable one. It's always great to see our kids that move so far, far away!

STAMPING SAM said...

Love the peacefulness of this card. Sponging and masking techniques are 2 of my favorites. Of course, the color combo of blue and brown is perfect!

Hope you 2 have a safe trip and an enjoyable one. It's always great to see our kids that move so far, far away!

Grace said...

Patti this is gorgeous! What a lovely scene you created! Love the reflection in the water! Hope you are having a wonderful visit!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Patti P. said...

Patti,
What a beautiful calming card...such a beautiful work of art. TFS, I hope that you have enjoyed your visit with your son and you will have a safe and uneventful trip home.

Dawnll said...

I am so glad you get to spend some time with your son. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers on your trip home.
Your card is just lovely and I love the mirror image.

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Patti this is FABULOUS!!! LOVE LOVE how you did your trees...so creative and beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Miesje said...

That is a beautiful card Patti! So soft and peaceful. I love it. Enjoy the time with your son!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is one gorgeous, peaceful creation! Love the colors!

Glittered Paws said...

Praying for a safe return on your trip - hope you had a great time and I know you saw beautiful scenes along the way. What a beautiful card this week.

Lynne in NI said...

OH MY GOSH - Patti, this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful soft colours and I love how you did the reflection!
Hope you're having fun with your son (though that journey sounds like a bit of a nightmare .... drive safely!)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Patti!! I so love your reflection and design!! So soft!! I hope you are enjoying your time with your son!!
hugs,
Chris

A Consuming Passion said...

Just beautiful Patti!!! Have a safe trip.

Suzanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Patti I love your card it is beautiful and so peaceful. I hope you had a great time with your son. Hugs

Mickie said...

I love your card with the reflections. Blessing on you and yours and keep you safe.

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!!!! That is a really cool technique chick! Gorgeous scene. I hope you are having a safe and wonderful trip!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous!!

Curt in Indy said...

This is stunning! Your beautiful reflection technique is awesome. Love this card Patti! (BTW, you missed the last Wednesday post again! :P ) Best, Curt

Terri J said...

What a soft, peaceful card!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, Patti, is this ever a stunner. I love this so much. Very peaceful.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Patti - what a fabulous tribute to the Creator! I love this reflectove scene - beauitful! I hope your trip has been blessed and you have been able to enjoy every minute!! God bless you Patti! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!
Pam Going Postal

The Other Patti Sue said...

How in the world did I miss this one? I saw in on Stampin Sisters for Christ! This is gorgeous... one of my very favorite stamps, so perfect for so many occasions!