Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cemetary Walk, etc...

So, we survived our cemetary walk. Actually, it was an incredible experience! DD took me to a neighboring town, Ste. Geneveieve, Mo., the oldest settlement in the state.

They have a very old graveyard, with most dates in the 1700's and 1800's. When we arrived, there was a small donation for the upkeep of the cemetary. Once paid, we were handed an old time lantern to carry for lighting. There were people dressed in the 'costumes', playing the parts of whoever was buried in several of the graves, and these people were 'ghosts'. However, they were wonderful, friendly ghosts, telling the history of the families they were a part of, and the town that they loved. Some were soldiers, there was a school teacher, a stone mason, etc. We learned a lot about the history of the area tonight, and I'm so glad that I went.

Now for the etc. part of this post. Drum roll, please.......

I appreciate all of you who entered to win, and who stop by to visit my blog. I wish you all could have won!!!

The winners of my blog candy are:



Becky (Diamond in the rough)
Mary Anne (MA54K)

Congrats to you both!!! Please e-mail me at: mamagilliam@gmail.com so I can get some information from you!

Have a wonderful day! Back in a few hours with a new Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge!

Patti J.

5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Congrats you 2, I'm doing the Happy Dance for ya!!!!!

Dawnll said...

Congrats to the two winners.
Sounds like a haunting good time at the cemetery!!!

Betty Benton said...

What a interesting visit to the cemetery you had! Congrats to Mary Anne and Rebekka!

Lynne in NI said...

Your cemetary visit sounds like a fab night out, if not a little spooky! I'd love to go on something like that!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my gosh...that evening sounds so very cool! You are pretty brave though LOL! Thanks for popping in to say hello tonight!