Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back to 'work'...

Work.... yeah, I know... retirement is a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.
***

As soon as I show you one more group of photos here, I'll start 'working' to post cards again!
The view from our seats at the Air Force vs. Navy football game in Colorado Springs last Saturday...

Air Force beat Navy! Hoo-rah!

The celebration on the field after the game was nearly as exciting as the game was!

The view from our lodge window. Our DS found the most quaint and quiet lodge in Monument, Co., for us to stay in. We were about 4 miles from the Air Force Academy. It was wonderful.


After the game on Saturday, DS took us to a wonderful, authentic German restaurant, where we were serenaded by accordian players.


It was a great weekend. DH and I got some quality driving time together. The trip was about 15 hours each way.

It was wonderful seeing DS, as I had not seen him at all since Christmas. He and his dad went to spring training in March in Florida, but I've missed him terribly!

And...it was awesome to be back on the grounds of the USAFA. DS graduated from the Academy in 1998, and we haven't been back to Colorado since his graduation.

All righty, I am off to 'work' on a card to post! Thanks for being so patient with this sentimental mom! See you later with a creation of some sort!

Don't forget - tomorrow is the last day to enter for my blog candy! I will post winners on Saturday!

Hugs,

Patti J.

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your pictures are wonderful! You must be so proud of DS! Looks like you had a great time!

Betty Benton said...

Your view from the lodge is gorgeous -- who couldn't just stare at that view for hours! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dawnll said...

Oh I love to read posts from sentimental moms- right up my alley. So glad you got to spend time with your son in his neck of the woods. Such wonderful memories and great photos. I could almost feel the thrill of being there.
Thanks for your visit and kind words today my friend, I really appreciate your support and friendship.

Rufus said...

You must be very, very proud of DS! Looks like a great time
R/

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The pictures are awesome! Any quality time with family is okie dokie in my book. Glad you had a great time.

Iris said...

Oh that looks fun! Glad you had a great time!

A Consuming Passion said...

It's so nice to share in friends travel.....I ove seeing all these pictures. Glad you've had a great time drive carefully. x

craftieodmae said...

well didn't we have the time of our life? Great pictures and wonderful mameories in the making. I would have had to sit on the other side, (Navy), sorry, but brother has been in the Navy for 33 years.

Sue said...

Gorgeous pictures. Sounds like a wonderful reunion with your son, what could be better.....glad you enjoyed your trip.

Hugs
Sue