Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a glorious day...

We are having September weather in November! Go figure! In September, we were having November weather, so I guess it is only fair! Anyway, today is absolutely glorious. Slight breeze, temp of about 60, NO RAIN, and plenty of sunshine. Life is good!


I only have one card to bring you today. I'm going to be pretty busy working up craft fair items for next Saturday, so I will probably be scarce this week. If I don't make it to your blogs, please forgive me, and I'll make up for it the following week!


This card features Nina's beautiful sketch for this week at There's Magic in The Air. I played a little with the bottom edge and the background to make it look like a wall and countertop. The 'shiny' is Glossy Accents. All coloring was done with my colored pencils and mineral spirits.




The challenge at Pile it On, was to make a Thank You card. The sentiment on this card is a TAC sentiment, and fulfills the Thank You requirement! OOPS! The challenge changed while I was looking the other way. It is now to use a leaf or leaves on our projects. I'm hoping this will still qualify!


Hope you like it, and that your Sunday is full of wonderful blessings.


Hugs! Patti J.

~Food for thought: Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open...

16 comments:

Kim Mc said...

Well looks like your glorious day resulted in a glorious card! LOVE the table effect (trying to figure out how you did that) and finishing the table and wall just make the finish project beautiful. The coloring (as always) is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA and I hope you can find time between craft fair projects to participate with us next week too!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Caryl P said...

Another beautiful one Patti! I love the look of the countertop, you nailed it. Hope you can enjoy the day, it's beautiful here in NH too!

Georgia said...

I like your card. There's a hurricane brewing here. I think it's going to turn into a tropical storm. Daughter wants to run to the mall. ugh!

Shelly said...

Beautiful!!! I love the tile counter top. What a creative idea!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You go girl! I love the wall and counter... it looks great!

Danni said...

Such a pretty card!

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, love how you colored the image! Thanks for joining us at TMITA, Patti! Hugs Nilla

Selma said...

Wow, you are very creative with your background. Great Job. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us in the TMITA challenge this week.

Brenda said...

Wowza Patti, you rocked this. What a fabulous scene, I love everything about it!
Thank you for joining us this week at Pile It On.
Hugs,
Brenda

stamping SAM said...

Hi Patti from Tan-Tar-A! Joan brought her wirless laptop so I get to check everything out!
Jim is feeling better, it's probably because he has the house to himself...LOL from Jim!

Hold the fort down, I'll be back soon.

Nina said...

Wowzer Patti, love that counter top and the glass accents really makes it look like a tiled couter top, just beautiful. Feel honored that TMITA got to be part of the only card you got to this week! Our day was beautiful as well. The whole card is just wonderful and the little brassy brads finish it off perfectly! Thanks for playing again this weeks with us over at TMITA!

Beate said...

We had a September day here as well. Beautiful card!
Good luck at the craft fair!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Beautiful Patti. I love your colouring.
Hugs
Michelle

Curt in Indy said...

Such genius for the background and counter! That is extremely hard to do with an image like this and you did it perfectly! Your coloring is wonderful on this too! Love it! Best, Curt

Cat said...

Beautiful card, Patti! Perfect for this time of year!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful Patti!

Hey, girl, can you do me (and the rest of your commenters) a favor, especially those of us with bad memories, and set your comment options so that the commenter stays on the same page as the post? Okay, now I'm being bossy.

Love,
Julie