Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Macabre Monday...

Today I painted a wall in the living room. Of course, this meant not much room in my girl cave!




I snuck in for a bit this afternoon and made a really quick card for Barb Foster's Macabre Monday Challenge.


This week's challenge was to choose a horror flick for a little inspiration. Barb's sample card was "Carrie", and it is awesome. You really should run over and take a look at it!

The two scariest movies I think I've seen are The Exorcist, and The Shining. Both still to this day scare me, so I couldn't make anything using them! Of course, to be honest, the last few days, the scariest flicks have been watching my beloved Cardinal's lose their ball games!!!

I chose an old creepy tale that I saw several years ago, called "The Hellraiser". I found this picture on the internet, and just couldn't resist the straight pins! Of course, the only one I'd be brave enough to mail it to would be Barb!!! Lol... Anyway, here's to 10 minute cards!!!


Supplies: Black CS, Internet Photo, Sentiment: River City Rubber Works, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Ink, Pop dots.


I think I need to go make something a little less gruesome now!


Have a great night!

Patti J.

Gilda Radner once said, "Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

12 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Ha! Great card! I LOVED Pinhead! Perfect sentiment!
Hugs,
Lisa

Maria Matter said...

lol, great sentiment!
what a creepy card...and I'm saying that in love Patti! lol

glad you had a chance to get into your girl cave!...you crack me up!

That card really is brilliant!
Blessings, Maria

Nilla said...

LOL, you are funny!! (and scary) Hugs Nilla

Crystal said...

Patti Girl this is AWESOME!!! My goodness Pinhead is CREEPY!!! What a GREAT Halloween card...You rocked this IC girl!

Suzanne said...

Fantastic job! It's so morbidly perfect!!LOL See mine tomorrow on other lovelies.

chatdumpgirl said...

love this!

kssdesigns said...

OMg! How creative!!

Christina said...

PINHEAD! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Woah scary!! But i like the sentiment :)
Great card for halloween.
Hugs xx
Pat

Barb said...

LOL! It's been a long time since I've seen ol' Pinhead!! Delightfully disturbing movie ;)

I LOVE what you did with this, Patti! There is no doubt as to what inspired you... did you need my address? ;)

Thanks for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Cat said...

Totally creepy! lol! I love your sense of humor!

AmethystCat said...

wow - great scary card!