Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Singing in the Rain...

This little cutie is from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, and her name is Susan! Isn't she just the sweetest?

I made this card for Lisa's new Sunday Afternoon Challenge. The challenge was to use a thought bubble on our card.

(Solid cs is DCWV, DP is a misc. pkg. from Big Lots, Ribbon is Stampin' Up, Colored hair with Kooh-I-Noor Pencils and all other items with Tombow Markers. Used Crystal Laquer on puddles, raincoat and boots)

Hope you like her! When I applied the Laquer on the card, a dot or two smeared (strange that only one or two did) but by that time, I'd already redone the umbrella, and just didn't wanna start over!

Have a great Tuesday! Hopefully, I'll get to play a little bit today - yesterday was pretty busy around here!

Patti J.
~Would a wingless fly be called a 'walk'???

12 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Beautiful Patti, this is such a sweet image, love how you did the umbrella.....Fabulous colors and design!!

Cat said...

Wow! You are fast, Patti! First to post in Lisa's challenge! Your card is so cute and I love the sentiment.

Christina said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and the dimension!

Maria Matter said...

This is beautiful Patti! These VC images are lovely...there are new ones coming out this month, shhhh!
Love that you popped her up and shined her up! Just a really great card!
Will have to check out Lisa's challenge...you know I love a challenge! lol
Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

Bridgett Owens said...

This is so sweet! Love the dimension and glossy look...so fun!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Suzanne said...

I love crystal lacquer! Cute card.

Georgia said...

What a perfect card for today! We've had about 6 inches of rain!!!! Cute, as usual.

Chelsea said...

cute cute card ... love that sentiment!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the sentiment and the crystal lacquer, great card.

Danni said...

Fun card....this Singing in the Rain stamp is one of my favs!

Caryl P said...

Adorable 'bubble' card. I love playing in the rain and that girl looks like she does too!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, I love this card!!! I love rain anyway. Your thought bubble is perfect... I agree! Thanks so much for playing in my challenge. You are a true friend!