Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday's Just Rock....

What can I say? Even being newly retired, I love Saturday's...


My day started at a good friend Shirley's home. She was having her Christmas in July open house for The Angel Company business she is so good at! I was invited to help with her make and takes. This is always fun for me too, as I learn something new, and visit for hours with ladies that share my love of all things ink and paper! After a wonderful morning there, I stopped at the grocery store, and then came home and got into my beautiful paint attire. I managed to get one full wall in our hall painted today, so I'm pleased! Now it's time to post my 365 Cards challenge card and go spend some quality time with DH.


The challenge today was to scraplift a card from one of their DT members. I chose this card by Vicky to CASE.



I got everything punched and stamped, and was ready to assemble, and remembered that I had used all of my black and white ribbon on a project last week! Arggg....... thank goodness, that like another 365 blogger, I have imagination! (Thanks Carolyn!) I found some very deep brown checked ribbon, and it will have to do. Perhaps the judges will be colorblind - lol...


Here is my card - hope you like it! Stamps are TAC, all CS is scraps, mostly DCWV.




Well, have a wonderful night one and all and we'll see you tomorrow! Do NOT forget about Lisa's new challenge tomorrow! I promise you will not be disappointed! Lisa is so talented - this challenge is destined to be fun and exciting!

Hugs!


Patti J.
~How come you never hear father in law jokes?

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Patti this is WONDERFUL!!! LOVE that ribbon and these colors!! Beautiful card!!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

STAMPING SAM said...

Sorry I missed the fun today, went to Marble Creek for a cemetery cleaning?!?! Love your take on the card and came home and made a card too. Now I'm going to go hold the couch down!

Anime Girl said...

Its a beautiful card and i love the colours.
i am trying to do a lot of challenges specially as it is holidays and i have plenty of time.
Sarah x

Glittered Paws said...

I think the colors are great - brown/white - where??? I see black/white!! How easy peasy a card is this and THANKS for helping yesterday. What a "team" we are!!!

Cat said...

Great card, Patti! the ribbon looks more black than brown in the photo, so you are safe! Glad you had a fun morning! I love getting together with friends for crafting workshops, too.

Caryl P said...

Fabulous CASE job Patti. I don't know that I would've noticed the ribbon color because my eye is drawn to the circle.
Just how many walls are in your house anyway?? It seems you've been painting forever....I'm sure you feel the same!

Suzanne said...

Don't you just love black, white and red together! Super card!

Gloria Stengel said...

What a great card to lift! You did a fantastic job! I think the ribbon looks just fine.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Love this one!! I love the medallion!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Don't you know that brown is the new black? LOL! Great CASE, Patti! And thanks so much for promoting my challenge. You are such a great friend to me.

Isn't it funny how you're busier than ever now that you're retired? Just shows how much we don't have time for when we work. Can you say Rat Race???

Love ya,
Lisa

Alysabeth said...

I love all your layers:o)