Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fabulously Pleated...

The challenge that Melisa gave us this week was to use pleats on our design.

I chose to make a little fancy dress. Easier said than done! After several attempts, this is what I came up with!



I cut a slit in the branch on the top and slid the dress shoulders up into it, so that it would look to be hanging from the branch. The little decorative edge was cut with Fiskar's scissors, and the edge that was trimmed was what I used at the bottom of the dress bodice. Papers and stamps are all The Angel Company.

Yesterday was like Christmas in my girl-cave! I received a wonderful care package from Pat in Surrey, UK. It was packed full of beautiful things. I can't believe that I have met so many kind and thoughtful people through this blog. Pat, if you are reading - thank you so much! I will treasure all of the things that you made!

I also received a couple of orders - one was from Susana's that I cannot wait to ink up! She included the cutest little freebie to say thanks for the order. What a nice way to do business! The other order was from Unity Stamps, and I am so anxious to find time to play with those as well!

Last but not least, a box came from Anna! It was the blog candy that I won from her a short while ago. It took three postal workers, 10 mules, and myself to carry that huge box of stamps out of the post office! Lol - just kidding, but Anna, what a ton of stamps! If that's what you got rid of, one can only imagine what you have! If you have not been to Anna's blog, it is well worth the trip!

It's a glorious Tuesday in Missouri - hope it's as beautiful a day wherever you are. Have a great day! I'm off to paint a window frame! The remodeling is about to start at our place, and once it does, my craft time will be somewhat limited!

Patti J.
~The wise does at once what the fool does at last...

15 comments:

Sally McD said...

Beautiful card Patti! Just wanted to say thanks for your inspirations. Looking at your blog Kim and I have decided to make our own too!

Mine is http://stampingbysam.blogspot.com/

and Kim's is
http://iamlivinginparadise.blogspot.com/

Thanks again! Sally

Jaspere said...

Wow that is beautiful and so so creative.

Caryl P said...

This is indeed a fabulous card Patti! I love how you made the dress hang, nevermind how real it looks with the pleats. Hope remodeling won't take too much craft time away, I look forward to all you share!

AmethystCat said...

I love, love, love this card! Beautiful design and great idea to "hang" it from the tree branch!

Crystal said...

OOOO Patti this is one Gorgeous dress...wow love the added pearls and you design!!!

Georgia said...

Hi Patti,
Love the card. The dress is so cute. Good luck with the house projects!

georgiamacdonald.blogspot.com

Cat said...

Hi. Patti! I love the dress! It is just gorgeous! Hope all goes well with the remodeling. Take pictures of your progress. It is so much fun to see before and after.

Anna said...

This card is adorable! I could never create something like that! Very clever! Glad the package arrived! Enjoy your goodies! And don't tell hubby, but yes, I have way too much stuff! LOL!

Barb said...

Fabulous card, Patti!! LOVE the slit-under-the-branch trick, and the dress is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Patti! Love how you made the dress.
And for the package, you are more than welcome.
Good luck with the remodelling! But don't go away too long or we'll miss you!
Hugs xx
Pat

Mandy said...

WOW...I love this card! That dress is so adorable! It makes me want one in real life...

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Remodeling, eh? The whole house, or???

Wow, what a lot of treasures you must have! It's hard to know where to start, isn't it? I have the same problem... so many lovely stamps and papers and embellies, oh my...but time is too short. Lucky you are retired now!

I LOVE your card. You pieced that dress perfectly! And it's adorable hanging from the branch. Perfection all the way.

xOx Lisa

Suzanne said...

I absolutely love this card. In your next swap, would you include a template of the dress? I'd be greatly appreciative.

Kim said...

Patti This is such a clever design I luv how your dress is hanging from the spring branch...Just a FABULOUS CARD!!!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Patty. It's sooooo much fun to get packages in the mail!! WOW!! That dress is gorgeous!! LOVE IT CHICK!!! I feeling better from the flu and I'm trying to visit some blogs! Thanks soooo much for playing along with the july 4 challenge. Just wanted you to know I just figured out there is a problem with Mr. Linky and have notified the help desk, and that I noted you had played along! Thanks chick!