Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wonder"fall" weather...

What a glorious day in Missouri! It was in the mid 60's today, and it just felt totally wonder"fall" when I walked out of work. There were three deer standing out in the field to the side of the building, just grazing and enjoying the day. I couldn't help but think about it being a great day to be alive! It's very hard to realize that the snow could fall in 30 days or so!!!! (Speaking of snow, below is a photo of winter in Missouri)


I made it to the dentist today, and guess what - I survived! (so far - the night is still young!). I am such a sissy about dentists! I'm sure that our kids never knew it, but I always hated taking them to their appointments. Sort of a traitor-ish feel! I knew that even a gentle cleaning is uncomfortable, at best, and yet, had to take them AND convince them that it was good to go there. lol



Yikes, I understand from one of my readers that I really goofed yesterday! Must be the blonde pores eeking out! (is that a word?) What I did, was call one of my very good friends ( the TAC lady - Shirley), a BF. I was naive enough to think that if BFF is best friend forever, that BF must be best friend! OOPS! I was informed by this special reader that in computer lingo, BF means boyfriend. And if that wasn't bad enough, I followed up the paragraph about my BF with a paragraph about girl toys. So..... I took a lot of ribbing last night! Oh, well, hope it made you all smile! Shirley, if you are reading, you are now my other BFF!!!!!



Have I mentioned that I am missing baseball terribly? Not all baseball, but certainly the Cardinal's! I try really hard to enjoy Mizzou or the Rams, but baseball just wins over football every time. Hopefully, the Cards will have a great winter, and will come back for the 2009 season pumped up and ready to win every game! My dh and ds (that really IS dear hubby and dear son!), went to Jupiter, Fla. last year for spring training. They very much enjoyed their week together, and got to see lots of baseball.



Well, am going to go work on my Christmas card swap, and bathroom scraping - blessings to you all!



Patti J.



Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough

2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

OMGosh, that was too funny about your BF/BFF. I still struggle with all this lingo. Gorgeous winter picture.

chatdumpgirl said...

mmm... makes me want to turn on the fireplace and curl up with a good book and a dog or two...